WHAT ARE COOKIES
They are small files that are stored inside the computer when a website is visited. They contribute to the correct functioning of particular characteristics of the site in question, improve and speed up its navigation.
HOW DO THEY WORK
This is the setting sequence (or creation) of a cookie:
- When you visit a website for the first time, it asks you to accept a cookie for a specific domain. If you accept, the cookie is saved on your computer.
- Each time you view a resource from that domain, the browser sends the cookie.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO BLOCK THE COOKIES?
Yes you can block or allow cookies on all websites or choose the sites for which they are allowed in your browser settings.
IS IT USEFUL TO BLOCK THE COOKIES?
Not necessarily. Blocking all cookies can effectively help protect privacy, but limit the functionality available on some websites. It is therefore advisable to choose websites to allow cookies.
TYPES OF COOKIES
1) Depending on the origin, we can distinguish:
- First Party Cookies: generated and managed directly by the manager of the website on which the user is browsing;
- Third Party Cookies: generated and managed by parties other than the operator of the website on which the user is browsing (in force, as a rule, a contract between the website owner and the third party).
2) Depending on the time of use, we can distinguish:
- TEMPORARY COOKIES (OR SESSION)
They are removed from the computer when the browser is closed. They are used to store temporary information, such as items in the cart.
- PERMANENT COOKIES
They remain stored on your computer even after you close the Browser. They are used to store information, such as the login name and password, to prevent the user from typing them each time they visit a specific site. They can stay in the computer for days, months or even years.
3) Depending on the use, you can distinguish:
- ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL COOKIES (OR FUNCTIONAL)
They are those related to activities:
- strictly necessary for the operation of the site and / or the service requested;
- saving preferences (eg products included in the cart, setting of navigation language, currency, method of purchase, etc.);
- statistical activities, provided that the data are used directly by the site operator and only if it is aggregated, ie not in a single way (eg, visits counters per country managed internally by the site).
- PROFILING COOKIES (O MARKETING)
They are those of:
- Advertising Profiling: that is, that collect and process user data for advertising purposes (eg to pass them to advertising agents);
- Re-Targeting activities: consisting of forms of online advertising chosen based on previous actions or searches on the user's web (eg Google AdWords);
- Statistics activity: managed by third parties (eg Google Analytics).
- Cookies sent by statistical analysis software installed directly on the site that are not provided by third-party external services;
- Cookies managed by third parties, provided they are anonymous, in order to prevent the third party from tracing information such as IP address, email or username (eg Google Analytics).
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
Instructions for disabling cookies can be found on the web pages of the browser you are using, among the most renowned are:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
COOKIES USED IN THIS WEB SITE